Accessibility statement for www.goramhomes.co.uk
This website is run by Bristol City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, and contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the contact form on https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/contact/ has a Noscript element
- The navigation bar has a redundant link to the Home page (duplicated in the logo)
- The footer bar has a redundant link to the Home page (duplicated in the logo)
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and aim to reply within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact Bristol Design – Bristol City Council by doing the following:
- Add the website address for the page you’re having problems accessing.
- Let us know your issue.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Tel: 0117 922 4205
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bristol City Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Redundant links in header and footer (duplicated links to Home page) – This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criterion 2.4.4. We’ll aim to fix this issue or provide further details by the end of October 2020.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 14 September 2020. The test was carried out by Bristol City Council using a range of automated software
- our website home page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/
- Developments page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/developments/
- Parternships page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/partnerships/
- About Us page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/about-us/
- Our Team page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/our-team/
- Contact page, available at https://www.goramhomes.co.uk/contact/
- Desktop using Google Chrome, Safari, FireFox
- Mobile: using iOS Safari
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are continuously working to resolve all identified accessibility issues which are within our control.
This statement was prepared on 14 September 2020.